Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Consequence of Revealing the Presence of Alien Species

Dick:  Good morning, Hallelusah.

Hallelusah:  I have been wondering what you would think if I were to do something totally unexpected.

Dick:  Actually, I think I’d appreciate it.  I find it difficult to simply write down things that I might be suspected of writing myself.

Hallelusah:  Well here’s the thing.  I think you might be surprised at some of the things I could say.Dick:  That’s no doubt true, since there are so many things in the universe of which I am unaware.

Hallelusah:  Okay let’s try something.  Once upon a time I was with some strange beings, and they told me something that happened in their solar system.  It is much like what is happening on earth.  They had groups that had what are comparable to your religions.  As they became aware of other beings in the universe, they began to decide that they had more in common.

Dick:  And that’s what I think will happen here on earth.

Hallelusah:  Not so fast.  They disagreed on how to deal with other aliens, much as you have political parties.  The factions that sprouted up divided the races as never before. So the result was that revelation of new species divided the population rather than brought them together.

Dick:  Does this mean that we could follow in their same pattern.

Hallelusah: What it means is that you cannot just assume that revelation of our presence will bring about peace among various factions on earth.  You still need to visualize a peaceful world and a peaceful universe to bring about the changes that you want.

Dick:  A good thought.  Was this what you had in mind when you said you could say something unexpected?

Hallelusah:  Yes.  You keep assuming that revelation of alien species will bring you together, and that’s just not the case.  It is not a panacea.

Dick:  It does seem to be a point worth making.


No comments:

Post a Comment